Monday, June 4, 2007

The Birthday Continues

This year for my birthday, I invited the women from my church over to help me celebrate. I was really using it as an opportunity to get the women to open up and get to know each other more, or maybe I wanted to get to know them more, or maybe I wanted them to know me more. Anyway, we got to know each other in ways I had no way of knowing I would know them.



Within fifteen minutes of the arrival of one guest, a pot on the stove burst into flames on the stove, while we were admiring my newly renovated bathroom. Thanks to the piercing sounds of my smoke detector and a strategically placed extinguisher, we were able to put it out rather quickly. However, not before it had destroyed my range hood, damaged the stove, burned the cabinets and completely filled the house with smoke. I respect fire!

The church women descended with mops, brooms, cloths, buckets, and cleaned so that the party could take place. It was amazing. I was in shock for the most part.


I have planned on renovating my kitchen in a few years. My timetable was moved up without consulting me.

No comments: